Scanpan CTX 16cm Saucepan - durable titanium non stick
Size: 16cm diameter, 1.8L capacity.
Note: only the 20cm saucepan has the extra lifter handle. 16cm and 18cm pans have only a single handle.
New Scanpan CTX cookware is suitable for all heat sources including induction hobs.
- Scanpan non-stick coatings are PFOA-free
- The satin polished stainless steel lid has a glass centre which makes it convenient to view food while cooking
- The handles and lids for stylish appearance enhanced by their two tone finish.
- The handles are riveted securely to the pan body.
- The cast stainless steel handles will stay cool longer than other designs.
- Clean design means their are no dirt collecting edges.
- Outside satin finish high quality stainless steel for all energy sources including induction
- Improved ceramic titanium surface with non-stick allows use of any utensil, including metal utensils.
Scanpan Titanium Non-Stick -
Scanpan in Denmark have developed the perfect non stick surface. Using their own patented technology they have produced a surface that is very slippy and very durable.
Unlike other non stick coatings the surface on Scanpan pans will never blister or peel - indeed Scanpan are so confident in the durability of their surface, that they do not discourage the use of metal implements!
- Scanpan pans are oven safe up to 260 degrees C.
- Scanapan pans are dishwasher safe.
Scanpan 5-Ply Pans -
- 5-ply mutilayer construction with polished staniless steel inner and outer layers sandwiching an aluminium/aluminium alloy core.
- Aluminium core ensures quick and even heat distribution.
- Heavy duty 18/10 stainless steel inner and outer layers are non-toxic and easy clean.
Caring for your Scanpan Saucepan
- - Always clean your pans immediately after use. If foods or oils remain on the pan, they can build up a fine residue which interferes with the pans performance. After some time this affects all nonstick pans. To bring pans back to peak performance simply fill with warm soapy water and cook on top of the stove for 20 minutes.l
- Afer some time scuff marks may appear on your pan. These do not penetrate the ceramic titanium surface and will not impede performance. Scanpan pans are forge cast under 200 tons of pressure - to remove all air pockets and other inclusions. Pans produced in this way provide perfect heat distributuin without annoying hot spots.
Scanpans patented surface techmology produces pans with a permanent non stick surface. A ceramic titanium compound is super - heated to 36.000 degrees farhenheit. At this point it becomes liquid and is fired at the pan at twice the speed of sound. It is now permanently anchored on to the pan and will not come off.
A german lab carried out the following test on scanpan pans. A metal spatula loaded with a 2 pound weight was set to scrape the pan 300,000 times. A third of the spatula was worn away, but the pan remained perfect.