Kai Shun Classic Small Slicing Knife - DM-0768 - with folded Damask Steel blades
Handle Length: 12.2cm
Blade Length: 18cm
Kai Shun knives have a particularly fine blade made from Damask steel. The blade is constructed from blanks of VG10 Stainless Steel and SUS410 high carbon stainless steel, which have been continuously folded and worked, until there are 32 layers. Kai Shun have added a "d" shaped ergonomic handle and an oval bolster to complete the design.
Kai Shun Knives - top quality materials, interesting design features, precision engineered and beautifully finished. Gift Boxed.
About the Range:
- Extra Fine Damask Steel with 32 layers.
- Constructed from VG10 Steal and SUS410 high carbon steel.
- Ultra fine edges
- Large range of syles and sizes - for every use and preference.
- Oval shaped bolster for perfect positioning of thumb and forefinger.
- Special "d" shape or comfort
- "d" shape prevents slipping and twisting of the handle.
- made from pakka wood veneers impregnated with phenolic thermosetting resins.
- always use plastic or wooden chopping boards
- do not chop on to glass, metallic or marble surfaces.
- do not chop on to bones, frozen food or other hard objects
- knives are sharp - please keep them out of the reach of children.
- All Kai Shun Knives (except those with serrated blades) should be sharpened regularly for optimum performance. Ideally this should be done every time that you use your knife. Fine bladed Damascus steel blades are best sharpened on a whetstone.
- We recommend that you hand wash you Kai Shun Knives in warm soapy water with a mild detergent. We also recommend that you dry your knives immediately with a soft cloth. It is important to wash your knives before foodstuffs have had a chance to dry on to the blades!